Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Interesting new technology (this week) task 6

I read about dana boyd in a large profile piece in The Age and immediately admired her attachment to lower case - in keeping with the spirit of e.e.cummings. Interestingly, the secondary publicity and word around that I have heard around the library traps about her essay seems to be that Myspace is rubbish and eveybody want to be on Facebook - everybody wants to be officer class I guess.
Certainly the ability to communicate widely with strangers has interesting implications for action/reaction to the prevailing ideology, but is it really that chasing up people you went to school with is easier than dealing with the person you see everyday who is sometimes annoying and sometimes boring and sometimes adorable?
Anyway, if I am to get anywhere near finishing 23 things in the next 3 weeks I can't afford too much naval gazing, so on to the next task....

No comments: